This topic may confuse someone simply because the term WordPress assets may associate with multiple meanings.
First, it may be related to WordPress’ components, i.e. to resources it is using underneath to compose the site’s functionality and design, those elements that are used to build and customize a WordPress Website. These are the things like plugins, themes, widgets, shortcodes, custom fields or custom post types. So, in this context, we see the assets as resource components.
However, both are necessary and are used to create unique Websites that are tailored to the specific needs of the user.
Overview of common WordPress assets as resource components
- WordPress themes are templates that can be used to customize the look and feel of a Website.
- WordPress plugins are pieces of software that can be used to extend the functionality of a Website.
- Widgets are small pieces of built-in functions used to add content to a Website in specific repeating locations.
- Shortcodes are snippets of code that can be used to add custom functionality to a Website.
- Custom fields are specific areas that can be used to store and organize data on a Website.
- Custom post types are additional vertical content routes, besides the built-in posts and pages.
By using pre-made resource components like themes, plugins, and widgets, users can save time and energy that would otherwise be spent on coding and designing a website from scratch. This can help to speed up the development process and make it easier to create a website that meets the user’s needs.
WordPress assets as file resources
Cascading Style Sheets
These are the files that provide the styling of the most elements on the Website.
It’s the preferred way to design the outlook of the Website elements.
WordPress scripts are pieces of code files that are used to add functionality to a Website. Scripts can be used to add features such as contact forms, image galleries, and more.
WordPress has the media library where you can store all the media files, like images, video files i.e. mp4, audio files i.e. mp3, pdf, etc. WordPress as a content management system allows users to easily upload, organize, and manage media files. WordPress media library also provides users with a variety of tools to customize their media, such as adding captions, descriptions, and galleries.
Often WordPress themes, or even plugins, can additionally style the text with specific fonts, which are loaded from a separate file. The common example is the inclusion of the FontAwesome library, but there are alternatives as well.
Booster Sweeper Free Version Available
A new plugin is in development here at MaxPressy. We’re almost ready for the final release of Booster Sweeper. Meanwhile, the free version got approved on the wordpress.org repository. We named the plugin “Booster Sweeper”. Since its focus is to help in performance optimization of the WordPress Websites and that’s why we see it as…